Wow this week was a bit rough. From working a full week after two three-day weeks, to dealing with a teething son, I was more than ready for the weekend.
Honestly, though, I cheated a bit and got another three-day weekend. I called off of work on Friday, but I can’t say I really enjoyed it because I was up half the night with Rowan, and I was not about to work an 8-hour day on <4 hours of sleep. 😫 That’s just asking for trouble! Fortunately, I was able to catch up on sleep… somewhat.
I was able to type out a few mini reviews and my review of the third Harry Potter audiobook (go me!!!) so I’m feeling pretty good and I’m feeling somewhat caught up. I’m working on my review of Girls of Paper and Fire and Just For Clicks, which I finished yesterday, so you’ll see those soon!
- Abbreviations: Don’t Fall, Puddle Jumping, & Fall Like Rain
- Review: Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban (Audiobook)
This upcoming week: I’m planning on typing up a Top Ten Tuesday post this week, but I also have another side project: transferring my whole blog to adarkershadeofrosie.com! I’ve got to do a bit of research on how to do this the easiest and less painful way possible, but if you have any suggestions/tips/tricks, I’m all ears guys!!!
I behaved myself this week. No new books.
- GIRLS OF PAPER AND FIRE (#1) by Natasha Ngan • Finished. ★★★★★ Read 38 pages last week. When I saw this book everywhere, I wasn’t sure about it. I didn’t even read the blurb because I knew my TBR was piles high already and I didn’t want to add to it. Well, then it came in my first OwlCrate box, and I decided to pick it up. What a fabulous decision on my part *pats self on back* because this book, guys. I hope it won’t take too long for the sequel! (Goodreads)
- JUST FOR CLICKS by Kara McDowell • Finished. ★★★★★ Read 292 pages last week. I wasn’t expecting to love this book so much! The plot was wonderful, and very modern and very real. Claire, born into internet fame from her mom’s blog, doesn’t embrace it like her twin sister Poppy. Once she meets Rafael, a boy who travels with his father and doesn’t own a cell phone or know anything about the internet, Claire has a clean slate with him. It was such a good book! Review to come soon. (Goodreads)
- WICKED SAINTS (#1) by Emily A. Duncan • Started. Read to 3% last week. So I started this Friday night, but in the midst of everything that happened with Rowan, I didn’t get many pages in, so I restarted Saturday. It’s pretty evident by the names alone that this book is Russian-inspired, and the girl can speak to gods. That’s the gist of what I’ve learned so far! (Goodreads)
I may have made a mistake… My co-teacher told me this week that she finally started watching Game of Thrones and it made me want to re-watch the entire series from the very beginning. The final season will be out this year (some time in April) but I want to relive all of the epicness that happens in the first 7 seasons. Will this take me forever? Yeah, probably.
The boyfriend and I also tackled yet another episode of Iron Fist. Meh.
We ended last weekend with a trip to the zoo! It was lots of fun, and the Christmas lights were beautiful~ I hope that we get to utilize our membership more this year now that Rowan is a bit bigger. It was hard last year, too, because it was so hot a lot of the time and I didn’t want him to get overheated!
We also got our first heavy snowfall later in the week. It was pretty coming down, but not while driving in it.
And then… there was the dreaded teething nightmare we endured for the better half of the week. It didn’t hit us hard until Thursday night when Rowan woke up around 1:30 in the morning and would not go back to sleep. Lots of crying (from both of us) and lots of trying to soothe whatever the hell was bothering him. He had a fever – which at its highest was 101.2° – wouldn’t really eat solid foods, was extremely fussy, and obviously couldn’t sleep. I think we’re chalking it up to teething, but he also sounded really congested, so maybe it was a mixture of teething and sickness that really sent him off the deep end.
Thursday night was rough, so I called off, but Friday night was worse. I ended up calling in the reinforcements (my mom) because Isaac and I were just so tired and frustrated. But he started feeling more himself as the day went on, and Saturday night, his sleeping was just about back to normal!
I’ve decided to include this little tidbit at the end of my weekly digests, and use it to hopefully find new friends and open up more dialogue between us! This meme is brought to you by Coffee Addicted Writer, where I will be linking up!
What was your first book of the year?
MY ANSWER: I technically first finished Girls of Paper and Fire this year, but the first book I started (and finished) was Just for Clicks by Kara McDowell!