I’ve been doing a whole lot of playing with my new phone, and not enough reading… can you blame me?
I’ve been disappointed in my Android ever since I found out it was incompatible with my Fitbit Versa that my boyfriend got me for Mother’s Day last year. I was SO upset. It was a Huawei Mate SE, and it wasn’t a hugely popular phone, but it was super cool and I loved it so much. Besides the fact that it didn’t sync with my Fitbit, and that it only took sub-par pictures where there was no natural light, it had a crazy amount of cool features. And a fingerprint scanner in the back, which was really convenient.
But the syncing issue, and the fact that all the pictures I take are pretty much of Rowan… inside! So it was time to think of something else. iPhones, by far, have the best picture, so there rested my answer. A friend at work told me she LOVED her XR, and she let me play around with it a bit. My first thought was, “NO BUTTON?!??” But after not even 24 hours of playing with it, I don’t even have to think about it. In fact, if I had a button, it’d be more of a hassle than anything.
So, in short, I am absolutely loving my new iPhone XR and the beautiful quality pictures, and let’s not forget about the fact that it syncs with my Fitbit! Woohooooo!
Other than getting a new phone, not much has happened on the home front. I rearranged my living room just a bit and now, my desk is in the living room so I can type/write while Rowan plays in the living room. (And now all of my junk isn’t on the counter in the kitchen, taking up cooking space!)
We got another day of lots of snow, and then by the end of the day, it was all gone because of rain. And this weekend, we had extremely high winds (it’s still pretty windy out there). So, weather’s been bi-polar, as usual.
Rowan’s getting more teeth on the top, so sleeping is a little off again. He has 43 days until he starts school! Which means 33 days until vacation. And 64 days until my baby turns 1! 😭
LAST WEEK’S GOALS
- File taxes ✘
- Review Girls of Paper and Fire ✘
- Review Just for Clicks ✔
- Continue to do 50 lunges + 50 squats daily ✘
- Finally finish my About and Contact pages ✘
I’m destined to complete just one task per week, apparently. 😬
- HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY JIM DALE • (STILL LISTENING) Listened to 32% last week. The other schools have arrived…! (Add to Goodreads)
- FAR FAR AWAY BY TOM MCNEAL • (FINISHED) ★★★ A cool, modern twist to a Grimm’s Brothers fairytale. I really loved that it was narrated by a ghost. Pacing was slow, though, and everything started to pick up after 60%. Also, the villain was kind of easy to guess. (Add to Goodreads)
- A DIFFERENT BLUE BY AMY HARMON • (STARTED) Read to 36% last week. This is the February book of the month for my Backlist Project. (Add to Goodreads)
You, season 1. So, I binge-watched the entire season of You in four days! W O W. So creepy. Such suspense. Really hope it doesn’t take forever for a second season (I’m pretty sure there’s going to be a second season with an ending like that). I’ve never gotten around to reading the book, but I definitely liked the show adaption.
- Review Girls of Paper and Fire
- Visit the gym three times
- Get all of my monthly posts written for the week
Gonna keep it pretty simple this week. Nothing too extravagant.
How was your week? Have you seen You yet? What did you read this week?
I’m linking up my post to The Sunday Post!
Reading: A Different Blue – Amy Harmon & Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on audio
Currently: Preparing for bedtime… still have to do my 50 lunges + 50 squats. 😩 But I’m so tiiiiiiired!