THIS HAS BEEN A MOST PRODUCTIVE WEEK, even though I’ve been absent from the blog through a majority of it. (Okay, well, all of it.) I apologize. But I just haven’t been motivated to type out a post. But I have had weight loss motivations AND reading motivation, so… that never happens – I just went with it.
Last Sunday, I was scrolling mindlessly through Tumblr, checking out the weight loss motivation tags. I came across someone mentioning the “Zero” fasting app, and for the heck of it, downloaded it, and decided I was going to try fasting. No other weight loss technique has worked for me thus far, so why don’t I try this? Coincidentally, it was something a fellow co-worker and I talked about briefly a couple of days previous, so I set out to challenge myself. And the first fast I did was 23 hours!
Surprisingly, the entire time I was fasting, I felt pretty great. There were waves of hunger, but after lots of water intake, they faded, and I was able to continue throughout my day. I’m extremely proud of myself because I never thought I’d be able to survive without food for long bouts of time, but look at me! I managed to do it all week (see picture!) and in the end, I lost a total of 4 pounds!
I did intermittent fasting, which is basically fasting for a long period of time and leaving a small window open to eat. I choose mostly to do 20:4 – fast for 20 hours, and have a 4-hour window to eat. Fasting for so long made me make better, healthier choices when it did come time for me to eat. I counted all of my calories through my Fitbit app, and I mostly stayed under 1,000 calories a day. Over the weekend, I did indulge a bit, but I still didn’t go over 1,400 calories.
Rowan and I spent a lot of time together on Saturday, and during naps, I read. Yesterday, Rowan and my mother-in-law went out for the afternoon to Once Upon a Child (a thrift store for children!) and we bought Rowan his first pairs of shoes! This child is in a size five! I repeat: my 10-month-old is wearing a SIZE FIVE SHOE! 😫 After, we had lunch and then I did some light grocery shopping. Once we made it home, I cleaned the living room (batted under the couch with the end of a broomstick to get all of the rogue toys that were hiding out under there), shined up the kitchen, did all of Rowan’s laundry (including all of the new clothes he got), did a load of grown-up laundry (that is still sitting in the dryer…), washed all the dishes, fed Rowan lunch and dinner, gathered up all the trash to take out for trash day tomorrow, gave Rowan a bath, and then… then it was time for me to lay my ass down.
And that’s why my blog digest is a day late. 😬
LAST WEEK’S GOALS
- Review Girls of Paper and Fire ✘
- Visit the gym three times ✔
- Get all of my monthly posts written for the week ✘
Okay, I’ve just gonna give up on writing that review for GoPaF, okay? I loved it, BOOM, basically the end. I encourage everyone to read it and soak in the feminism and the world-building and praise the hard-hitting truths of racism, sexual abuse, and beautiful f/f romanticism that Ngan brings to the table! (Voila, extreme mini review. Done.)
Zip, zilch, nada.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY JIM DALE • (STILL LISTENING) Listened 0% last week (at 23%). I actually haven’t listened to anymore of this! At first, it was because I couldn’t hook up my AUX cord into my new phone since it’s an iPhone XR and doesn’t have the headphone jack anymore. But I got it in the mail Tuesday, so I don’t know what my excuse is. 🤷🏻♀️ (Add to Goodreads)
- A DIFFERENT BLUE BY AMY HARMON • (FINISHED) ★★★★ This was a really good book. Blue was a likeable character, with an interesting hobby, and her love interest was an English bloke who played the cello. (Seriously, if you asked me for qualities of my ‘perfect man’, those would be the two main things – I adore listening to the cello and a British accent!) (Add to Goodreads)
- RAYNE & DELILAH’S MIDNITE MATINEE BY JEFF ZENTNER • (STARTED) Read to 5% last week. I’m not very far into this, but I’m really loving the writing style do far. I haven’t read a Zentner book yet. I’m cracking up about the twins having ‘an opinion’ on beagles turning into basset hounds! 🤣 I got my copy from NetGalley, but it published this week, so I’m trying to hurry and read this so I can get my review out there! (Add to Goodreads)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine, season 6. If I had to pick a favorite comedy… Brooklyn Nine-Nine would have to be it. Unfortunately, I have to watch it with my boyfriend – I can’t binge alone! And by the time he’s ready to come out of his game room at night and watch an episode with me, I’m pretty tired. But we managed to watch the first three episodes so far, and I just hope this show never ever ever ever ever ever ends!
- 50 squats + 50 lunges daily
- Keep up my intermittent fasting (hopefully lose 4 more lbs?!)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I’d Totally Switch Places With
- March TBR
- Rosie’s Infinite Playlist: February
- Monthly Recap: February
The post-load is heavy, but let’s see where my motivation lies on the sliding scale from day-to-day, hahah. My main focus is to keep up my fasting, because I want to be as close to 200 lbs as possible by the time vacation is here… which is in 27 DAYS, BABY!!!
What did you do this week? Do you like Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Have you ever tried to fast before?
I’m linking up my post to The Sunday Post!
Reading: Rayne & Delilah’s Midnite Matinee – Jeff Zentner & Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on audio
Drinking: coffee to start my day!
Currently: About to hop off of here and get dressed and ready for the day! I have to prep my lunch, take out the trash, and lace up my boots … because it snowed again yesterday. 😐