Oh, HEY. I kind of disappeared for a bit, didn’t I? I didn’t plan on that happening; life just kind of hit me in the face and knocked me out of the loop of book blogging. ??♀️
On the bright side of not hanging around the past two weeks, I got a lot of reading done! On the downside, my son has started walking! ??♀️
Last Friday, Rowan came to work with me for a Discovery Day, where we all basically hung out in his room for an extended amount of time, and then we left around 10:30 and he stayed until 1. He took a small nap, did some art, ate some yummy lasagna, and even had a blowout for one of his teachers! ?
I think he had lots of fun, and there was minimal crying (only while he was getting a new diaper and a wardrobe change) so that made me feel great! I was a little distracted in my own room, but once 1 o’clock came around, Isaac came back and picked him up and we all went to get lunch. (Well, except Rowan, because he passed out in the backseat.)
He’s been walking so much this week, even though he’s still a little hesitant to go all by himself, but once he starts coming to school all day on the 8th of April, I’m sure he’ll be cruising around like a pro!
And just one more week until vacation time!!!
This week: Last week was a bit of a fail, but since I will be gone on vacation all next week, I have some stuff I want to post and they mostly consist of reviews! I have some mini reviews posting tomorrow, and I have reviews for Rayne & Delilah’s Midnite Matinee and A Curse So Dark and Lonely (!!!) so if you’re interested, be on the look out, my friends.
- HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY JIM DALE • (STILL LISTENING) Listened 0% last week (at 23%). I need to get back into listening to this so I can have all audiobooks listened to by the end of the year! (Add to Goodreads)
- RAYNE & DELILAH’S MIDNITE MATINEE BY JEFF ZENTNER • (FINISHED) I loved this book! The dialogue between the characters was truly the best, and Josie and Lawson’s love plot just gave me the goosebumps in the best kind of way. ? (Add to Goodreads)
- A CURSE SO DARK AND LONELY BY BRIGID KEMMERER • (FINISHED) This was a refreshing take on the overdone (but still very much loved) Beauty and the Beast theme. I LOVED IT, and the characters will forever be marked on my heart. Harper and Rhen and Grey and Freya and Zo; oh my loves. ? (Add to Goodreads)
- HOUSE OF SALT AND SORROWS BY ERIN A. CRAIG • (STARTED) Read to 7% last week. I’ve reached chapter 4, and I keep wanting to pick it back up, so that’s a very good sign! (Add to Goodreads)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine, season 6. We’re almost all caught up with this season so far, except for the episode that just aired this past Thursday. This show gives me life.
Game of Thrones, season 2. I’m very very very very very slowly re-working my way through all of the previous seasons of GOT in preparation for the final season coming next month. EEEEK. I think I’m going to plop my butt down tonight and watch a couple episodes before bed! ?
- I want to start doing some type of ab workout before I get ready in the morning, along with some squats in the morning + at night.
- Next weekend is the start of my week-long vacation in Myrtle Beach, so I need to keep up my fasting this week! I want to lose at LEAST 3 more pounds from where I’m at now.
- I need to write my reviews for Rayne & Delilah’s Midnite Matinee and A Curse So Dark and Lonely.
- I need to plan my TBR for April.
- Also, I need to keep planning my son’s 1st birthday party… ?
What were you up to this week? Do you ever spontaneously disappear from your blog/blogoverse? What did you read or watch?
I’m linking up my post to The Sunday Post!
Reading: House of Salt and Sorrows – Erin A. Craig ?
Listening to: “Bandits” – Meg & Dia ? (my last.fm account)
Watching: Game of Thrones, season 2 episode 8.
Drinking: Green tea, mmm.
Currently: Rowan went to bed a little earlier than normal, so I’m about to prop myself comfortably on the couch and watch GoT while sipping this delicious cup o’ tea.