I’ve been failing epically ever since Easter, and I can’t even come up with a very good excuse as to why it’s been that way, other than ‘life.’ I’ve just reasoned with myself that I’m going to have times of inactivity such as this, especially with being a mother, and I just hope that you – my extra special readers – will forgive my random absences, and just trust that I will come back in a week or two. I promise I always will! I love my blog too much to just abandon it completely!
- My son is officially ONE. We had a “Where the Wild Things Are”-themed party at the end of April, and it turned out pretty great. He annihilated his smash cake, and it was hilarious the way he shoved it in his face. ?
- Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week, and my school treated us fabulously (like they always do)! On Monday, we got tons of treats in the shape of cupcakes, cookies, and pies/cakes. Tuesday came with Panera bagels and coffee for breakfast. On Wednesday, every received a 10-minute massage! On Thursday, we got custom-ordered pizza from Papa John’s, and it was mail day for the teachers, so we got tons of sweet cards and notes from our parents and kiddos! ? And on Friday, we received beautiful bouquets of flowers from the parents, arranged by our managers, and it was also Muffins with Mom in the morning! It was wonderful to spend the morning with my son and the other moms and kids and just hang out.
- Last but not least, it’s Mother’s Day. Unfortunately, yesterday and this morning have left me feeling a bit under the weather. Since Friday evening, I’ve had a slight sore throat and earache. This morning, I got up at 9 and went to the Walgreen’s clinic and had to pay $89 for a sick visit because I am not longer insured. ? Then I had to wait for the pharmacy to open up at 10, so I did some long overdue shopping, and then had to wait another hour for the prescription to be filled. ? So I went and got my family and I some Tim Horton’s for breakfast, and luckily after 45 minutes, it was filled. Here’s to hoping the rest of the day runs smoothly!
I’ve got a few new books in my possession since my last digest. A couple bought, and a few borrowed from the library.
There’s nothing here. Heh. ?
- HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY JIM DALE • (FINISHED) ★★★★★ Perfection, as usual. Need I say more? (Add to Goodreads)
- SHADOW FROST BY COCO MA • (STILL READING) Read to 22% last week. Yeah, I’m only just at 22%. Phew. It’s been a horrible couple of weeks when it comes to reading. To make matters worse, I’m still a bit hesitant about this one. Don’t know quite how to feel yet. (Add to Goodreads)
I’ve watching more television than normal. On top of the current season of Game of Thrones, I’ve been rewatching the previous seasons, and I’m on season 4. (If anyone needs some emotional support about the current season, feel free to tweet me. We gotta stick together during this fragile time.)
The 100, season 6. Another of my favorite shows is back on, and so far two episodes are out! And then I’ve also been catching up on Brooklyn Nine-Nine!
I know I haven’t really done an Infinite Playlist post in a few months because of some recent changes I’ve brought to the blog, but I thought I’d let you all take a peek into my musical rotation. These are the songs that I’ve been taking up space in my brain recently.
“Perfect Illusion” has literally been stuck in my head alllll week, and I can’t seem to un-stick it! Thanks, Lady Gaga. ? (I seriously love her, though.) “Dancing’s Not a Crime” has also been another contender fighting for space in my mind. So catchy! Isaac and I have also been listening to a lot of The Lonely Island, and “Jack Sparrow” has always been a favorite of mine. “Have It All” is a very special song that makes me think of my son: I truly want him to have it all. ?
- Write some reviews.
- Read Shadow Frost.
- I’ve got a discussion post I’ve been itching to write for y’all.
- Don’t cry about Game of Thrones.
How have you been, dear reader? What have you been reading lately? Do you watch Game of Thrones – and if you do, how do you feel about this season?
Reading: Shadow Frost – Coco Ma ?
Listening: “Have It All” – Jason Mraz
Currently: We just got home from celebrating Mother’s Day at the boyfriend’s grandmas. I’m about to relax (and probably mentally stress about all of the chores that I desperately don’t want to do) and make myself a cup of tea while I watch Rowan play and maybe I’ll even watch an episode of Game of Thrones before the newest episode tonight. I can’t believe we only have 2 episodes left… ?