Aaaand now we’re halfway through June. WHAT!
It’s Father’s Day! I had wanted to do a little something nice for Isaac for his second Father’s Day, but even with my good intentions, I never thought of anything and we just kind of settled into a typical, relaxing Sunday. Which is great! I don’t think either one of us was complaining, especially with the upcoming week and all of its to-do’s.
This week wasn’t too bad, though it did seem to take awhile to get to Friday. Friday was our school’s Donuts with Dad, and Isaac came to hang out with his mini. Saturday evening, I had a bachelorette party, and it was fun! It’s been awhile since I had a night out to hang out with girls, even if I hadn’t met most of them before! We went to an art shindig where we got to paint and drink wine, and then we went out to dinner, but for the twenty minute wait we had to be seated, we went to a bar in the same strip mall and had a shot and a beer. I loved getting out of the house and getting to know some great girls!
Next weekend is the wedding, and it’s in Wisconsin. Isaac and I have been going back and forth about taking Rowan, but I think I’ve finally convinced Isaac that taking Rowan would be rough. It’s an 8-hour drive, and that in itself is a very good reason to leave him home, but it would also be very hard for us have fun and let loose at the reception, plus we’ve been flirting with the idea of riding down with some close friends who are also going. But if we had Rowan, it would be difficult because of all the things we’d have to pack just to take him. (And riding with friends would save us money!) So today we asked Isaac’s aunt and cousins if they’d love to have a little guest this upcoming weekend, and I think they’re excited about it. He’s such a good baby, too, so that gives me comfort knowing he won’t be a handful for anybody. I will totally miss him, but I think this will be a good opportunity for Isaac and I to have a mini vacation and just not be “parents” for a couple of days. Since Rowan was born, we haven’t been away from him for more than a night, so it’ll be hard, but I also think it will be good for us.
I only acquired one book this week, and it was an ebook I came across while I was on my Kindle. I’d heard of Karina Halle before, and this book just sounded like a good romance I might like to dive into in the near future, so I bought it.
This week: I plan on posting with the next Top 10 Tuesday topic, and I just about have my review for Aurora Rising ready to post. I most likely will not be posting next weekend (unless I decide to do it Monday) because of a destination wedding I will be traveling for. 🙃
- SHADOW FROST BY COCO MA • (ON HOLD) Read to 28% so far. I still haven’t touched this book, but maybe I’ll return to it once I finish another book or two. (Add to Goodreads)
- A GAME OF THRONES BY GEORGE R.R. MARTIN • (ON HOLD) Read to 6% so far. I didn’t read any more of this this week! (Add to Goodreads)
- WE HUNT THE FLAME BY HAFSAH FAIZAL • (STILL READING) Read to 13% last week. This is the book I’ve mainly been focusing on this week. I’m starting to like it! I keep wanting to read more, but either don’t have the time, or don’t have energy (aka, I lay in bed to read and get a couple of pages in, but then fall asleep). (Add to Goodreads)
- HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY JIM DALE • (STILL LISTENING) Listened to 12% last week. So this book is the last book I read in the series when I read through it the first time. I think I stopped reading after Sirius died. But I’ve been listening to it while I’m in the car for the most part. (Add to Goodreads)
I’ve been on a major Netflix binge the past couple of days. I started watching Dead To Me with Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini, and finished it in within 48 hours… um, that first episode just grips you, and I was literally fighting with myself to take it slow with the episodes or just go ahead and devour them all because I have little-to-no self-control. 😝
Isaac and I also watched episode 5 of season 6 of The 100. The series lost my complete interest a couple of seasons ago, but I watch it with Isaac because it’s one of the few shows we can watch together. This season is kinda good, especially because they’re on a new planet, but I feel like the series is getting kind of repetitive, you know?
Isaac and I have also been spending our nights this past week watching the Game Show Network. We’ve watched a LOT of Family Feud, America Says, and Common Knowledge! Some of the things these people say on these shows are just atrocious! 🤣
- Write review for Aurora Rising
- Top 10 Tuesday post! Most anticipated for the second half of 2019!
- Isaac and I have a wedding to go in Wisconsin, so you won’t see anything new after Thursday until we get back Sunday evening/Monday morning.
Have you seen the tv show Dead To Me? What do you think of The 100? Did you celebrate Father’s Day with a loved one today?
Feeling: excited 😜
Reading: We Hunt the Flame – Hafsah Faizal 📖
Drinking: strawberry lemonade 🍓
Currently: We’re all just hanging out at home, and I’m about to fold some laundry and put it away, and then maybe sit on the couch and read while Rowan plays before bedtime.