The last week before Thanksgiving! The jolly season is right around the corner, and I am stoked for it. I’ve already seen Christmas decorations, and lights being hung on houses, and this week we even got SNOW!
It’s pretty normal to prematurely get snow where I live in the Midwest. Sometimes I wish I could just move to some place with a beach where I could put my butt in the sand and have a book in one hand, and a margarita in the other, but then… I think I might miss snow during the holidays if I were to do that. Also, the novelty of going to the beach every. single. day. (because I totally would) would wear off, and it wouldn’t be as fun anymore. (Or would it?) And secondly, all of my family is here, and I would miss them terribly.
- REVIEW: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Audiobook)
- Harry Potter March I Need in My Life Bookish Merch I Need!
- Five Things Friday
- Backlist Books That Are Begging Me to Read Them
While I’m doing really well with listening to my audiobooks, I’m still struggling to actually read a book! I’m reading bits and pieces of my parenting books, and going at a snail’s pace with my eBook that I read at night before bed.
- BRAIN RULES FOR BABY by John Medina. Still reading. I will admit that I am mostly skimming this one for any good information. I still haven’t gotten too far into it yet, though. I just pick it up if I have a few minutes to browse through it. (Goodreads)
- THE GIRL FROM THE WELL by Rin Chupeco. Still reading. My “Halloween” read is just dragging on and on and on and on… I try to read it at night before I go to bed, but I just can’t get into it. I’m at like 11%. Should I continue? Does it get better?! (Goodreads)
- BABY-LED WEANING by Gill Rapley, Tracey Murkett. Started. This one is similar to the “Brain Rules for Baby” in that I only pick it up when I have a few minutes. I want to start introducing Rowan to actual solid foods, and just wanted a few tips on how to begin with that. (Goodreads)
- HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS read by Jim Dale (Audiobook). Started. I made it to book 2 of the Harry Potter series, and I’ve got 5h 28m of listening time left. (Goodreads)
My boyfriend and I finally watched the last episode of Daredevil‘s season 3, and it was a good ending! I’m still left wondering what is going to become of Bullseye, though? And is there a season 4 in the works? I must know!!!
As for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Manifest, I haven’t watched much more of those. Instead, I watched Solo: a Star Wars Story this week with my boyfriend. It was actually pretty good! It wasn’t the movie we intended to watch when we sat down and decided to watch something, but I’m glad we did. It was good.
Then I finally got to watch Pitch Perfect 3 last night. The plot wasn’t as good as the previous two, but I enjoyed the music a lot.
How is this possible? How do we only have 2 more weeks until December? And 6 weeks until 2019??? I am FLABBERGHASTED, I tell you!
In the parenting part of my life, I’m on pins and needles as I watch Rowan scoot around on the floor, getting closer and closer to crawling. Time to break out the outlet covers and buy a couple baby gates! His feet were also hanging out of the carrier car seat, so we upgraded and got the 4-in-1 convertible that you don’t take out the car. (Thank goodness, because he was getting heavy in that carrier! He’s pushing 20 pounds already!)
Next week, I have my very first parent-teacher conferences. And it’s a short week with Thanksgiving on Thursday! I’m looking forward to lots of family time and good food.
In other news, I did a thing. I ordered not one, but TWO subscription boxes (thanks to The Literary Phoenix and her post about various subscription boxes). I ordered an OwlCrate (which should be arriving tonight!) and a Scribbler box! I’m really excited about both of these, and if you’ve received a box of either of these, please do tell me your opinions of them!