This week seemed so long simply because it was my first full work week in three weeks. Between going out of town for a wedding and then a short week because of Independence Day, I knew this week was gonna be a bit difficult to get myself readjusted.
I’ve been struggling a little bit this week, between desperately wishing I could change my hours at work from 9-6 to 8-5 (but I can’t), and I’ve also been struggling getting up to workout in the mornings. I messed up last week and skipped two workouts, and now I can’t seem to get myself back into the routine. ? I can definitely tell in my attitude that I’m doing myself a disservice by not incorporating my workout into my day, but I just can’t get out of bed early enough. At this point, I feel like I just need to restart the entire 21 Day Fix workout from day one. Maybe that’ll discourage me from slacking off again if I make myself start over from the top.
One thing has tremendously helped this week, though. When I came home from work on Tuesday (like, the worst day of the week tbh), my boyfriend was making dinner! And he did that three days in a row. I thought maybe I was going to die from the shock. ?? But it was SO nice! We didn’t eat out a single night (except last night, we got Subway for dinner) because he helped me out in the kitchen.
Last Sunday, my grandma passed away from brain cancer, and yesterday we celebrated her life with our family. It was good to see some family members that I haven’t seen in a while, and it was nice that Rowan got to meet some of them for the first time (or, for some, see them the first time this year).
I’ve been really into playing the Spyro Reignited trilogy game for PS4 this week. I’ve completed the first game (12 hours of my life!) and started the 2nd very briefly yesterday. I’m going to play some more today while Rowan naps!
I didn’t get any new books this week, actually! I’m trying to focus on getting rid of some of the physical copies that I have already.
This week: I had plans to do so much more on the blog last week, buuuut it just didn’t happen. All I’ve got planned this week is a Top Ten Tuesday post: auto-buy authors!
- AURORA RISING (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY… MULTIPLE NARRATORS • (STARTED LISTENING) Read to 34% so far. Wow, I’m really loving the audio version of Aurora Rising. The narrator voices are just simply spot-on! I can’t pinpoint which voice I love the most, honestly… maybe Cat just a smidge more than everyone else because she’s Australian? (Add to Goodreads)
- WE HUNT THE FLAME BY HAFSAH FAIZAL • (STILL READING) Read to 41% last week. I’ve read about 12% this week… that’s actually very good for me!!! One day I’ll finish this book. (Add to Goodreads)
- HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY JIM DALE • (STILL LISTENING) Listened to 59% last week. I didn’t listen to this one much, mostly because I’ve been engrossed with Aurora Rising‘s audiobook. (Add to Goodreads)
BOOKS ON HOLD
- SHADOW FROST BY COCO MA • (ON HOLD) Read to 28% so far. (Add to Goodreads)
- A GAME OF THRONES BY GEORGE R.R. MARTIN • (ON HOLD) Read to 6% so far. (Add to Goodreads)
I finally got Isaac to finish watching the first episode of Stranger Things season 3, since he fell asleep the first time. Then we binged two more episodes after that. Then he made us stop. ? I’ll admit I barely remember what happened in season 2… it seems that it was generally less memorable than the first season. But so far, season 3 is a hit with me!
I’m also extremely behind in watching Fuller House; I’m still in the middle of season 3. So yesterday I watched a couple of episodes: “Uncle Jesse’s Adventures in Babysitting” – classic uncle Jesse, and holy crap we finally get to see inside the Gibbler house – and “M-M-M-My Ramona” – wow, I kind of wish I had parents like Ramona. Life would certainly never be boring.
Mine and Isaac’s music tastes have diverged somewhat in the almost-8 years that we’ve been dating, but since he’s been cooking dinner and being a generally awesome human being, I’ve been letting him take over the bluetooth speaker in the kitchen in the evenings. This has resulted in getting the songs he’s been playing stuck in my head, and then I play them repeatedly.
I think the most played song this week for me would be “I Think I’m OKAY” by Machine Gun Kelly, followed by T Swift’s newest, “You Need To Calm Down” – and if you’re on Last.fm, why don’t we become friends? Check out my Last.fm profile!
- Restart 21 Day Fix.
- Meal prep for the week.
- Top Ten Tuesday post!
- Read one chapter of We Hunt the Flame a day.