I won’t lie… it was a tough week. I was so relieved when 6 PM rolled around Friday evening, because it was officially the weekend!
I managed to get up every weekday and get my workout out of the way (go me!) but I’m thinking I want to try a new program, maybe try something a little less intense. I’ve spent this week feeling a little too mentally and physically drained, and I’m going to see if doing a different workout will help at all.
We had a family get-together yesterday evening. It was a birthday party for two of Isaac’s cousins, and his nephew, too. It was held later in the day than when we normally have parties, and they set up the backyard of Isaac’s grandma’s house with a bonfire and a bunch of lights on strings. We roasted hot dogs and s’mores – it was awesome! We need more night parties.
Aside from working and exercising, there’s really not much else to report. It’s been a boring – albeit long – week.
This is a book I’ve been keeping on my radar, especially since it’s advertised as having some similarities to Stranger Things!
This week: I want to participate in this week’s Book Blogger Hop, but other than that, I don’t have much planned. Just trying to focus on reading this week!
- AURORA RISING (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY… MULTIPLE NARRATORS • (STILL LISTENING) Listened to 66% so far. This audiobook is amaaaazing. I’ve only been listening to it and neglecting Harry Potter all week. (Add to Goodreads)
- WE HUNT THE FLAME BY HAFSAH FAIZAL • (STILL READING) Read to 45% last week. Only had a 4 percent increase with this, but it is getting interesting! I just have to make reading a priority, and I’ve been failing with this. (Add to Goodreads)
- HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (AUDIOBOOK) READ BY JIM DALE • (STILL LISTENING) Listened to 0% last week. Was too focused on Aurora Rising this week. Whoops! (Add to Goodreads)
BOOKS ON HOLD
- SHADOW FROST BY COCO MA • (ON HOLD) Read to 28% so far. (Add to Goodreads)
- A GAME OF THRONES BY GEORGE R.R. MARTIN • (ON HOLD) Read to 6% so far. (Add to Goodreads)
I have watched so many episodes of Fuller House. Why is it such a feel-good show to watch? It’s like when I grew up with Full House all over again. I just finished season 3 and am prepared to start season 4 ASAP! And can I just say that I LOVE Jimmy Gibbler?! He’s like a modern-day Kelso from That 70’s Show, but way sweeter and just as good looking!
My boyfriend and I have been slowly getting through season 3 of Stranger Things! We have ONE EPISODE LEFT and I am so sad about it. We won’t get to watch it tonight, either, because I’m going to go see the new Lion King movie and relive my childhood with my best friend from high school! ?
- Try a new workout program.
- Meal prep for the week.
- See The Lion King!
- Read more!