Happy November! These past two weeks have been pretty great. Halloween was a success, and Rowan got a bunch of candy that we’ve steadily been working our way through (and yes, he shares with us). 😜
On the first day of November, I got to hang out with one of my bff’s from high school, and we went to a concert together! It’d been such a long time since we’d been able to do that, and it was a ton of fun! Plus, I discovered some new music with the opening acts, and even with the main event, Starset.
I’ve been obsessed with their music since that day, and have found it hard to listen to anything else while I’m driving my car, making dinner, or even just hanging out on the couch, surfing on my laptop. It’s always playing. Do you have a certain band you can’t seem to stop listening to?
In other news, since it is now November, I feel very inclined to start decorating my house for the holidays! Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and Christmas will follow soon after, and I’m ready to put my tree up! I’m nervous though, because now… I have a toddler. Last year he was crawling, but didn’t bother it very much. I wonder how he will treat the addition of the tree this time around?
My high school’s library had a book sale, so you KNOW I was there! I bought a few books for myself, and several books for my toddler, since they were 50¢ a piece.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
The Vanishing Girl by Laura Thalassa
When Wishes Bleed by Casey L. Bond
Last week I posted…
- Horror Movies I Grew Up With
- Creepy Covers in YA
- Harry Potter Spells Book #Tag
- My Halloween 2019
- Can’t Wait Wednesday: Ruthless Gods
- HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS (Audiobook) read by Jim Dale. Still listening. Listened to 69%. I haven’t listened to this much because I’ve been listening to so much Starset. 😳 (Goodreads)
- SERPENT & DOVE by Shelby Mahurin. Finished. ★★★★★ What a marvelous book! It made me laugh, it made me curse some, and the enemies-to-lovers trope is one that I will basically never tire of. (Goodreads)
- ONLY MOSTLY DEVASTATED by Sophie Gonzales. Finished. ★★★★★ Gah, this book made me cry! This book had so many perfect things: an A+ squad, gay/bi rep, a coming-out story, sad family dynamic, and I just really loved this rom com tale that was inspired by Grease! (Goodreads)
- Decide which book to read next… 🤔
- Watch Looking for Alaska on Hulu
- Write some reviews!