Well that was NOT how I wanted to kick off my weekend, but sometimes your body just has other plans. I woke up Friday just feeling terrible and sick to my stomach, with a headache to boot.
I was so lucky to be able to go home, and I fell right back into bed and didn’t get out of it until 3:30. 😬 Even once I was out of bed, I barely wanted to do anything. My boyfriend got our son from school and took him over to his aunt’s house so I could rest more while he went to the gym. I feel like I didn’t fully recover until mid-Saturday. And now everything is obviously thrown off because it’s Tuesday evening, and I’m just now doing this post that I usually save for Sundays…
Aside from getting a small bug, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family week before last, and we’ve put up our decorations at last! Luckily, Rowan hasn’t messed with it at all. What a good boy. 😊
Last time, I also talked about my new daily workout regimen: I’m doing the Beachbody Morning Meltdown 100, and as of Sunday, I was on day 19 (today was day 21!) so yay, go me! Friday was a skip day, and so was Saturday, because at the end of the day I was tired, and before this weekend, whenever I skipped a day, I’d do two workouts the next day. Well, I didn’t do that this weekend. 😣 Nevertheless, I’ve persisted! I’ve made it through phase 1 of 5, and that is so motivating! I haven’t weighed myself all week, but I feel stronger, so that counts for something.
Last week I bought a little gift for myself, as well. This year has definitely been the year of Apple products for me; in February, I returned to Apple after a couple years of using Android phones, and then in April, I got an Apple Watch. In June, I bought a slightly used MacBook, and now, I have an iPad!
My artistic interest have come back in full force, and I’ve been drawing away on the new iPad, trying to learn new digital techniques, and daydreaming about a stylus so I don’t have to use my finger… 😆
· Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
· Rise of Fire by Sophie Jordan
· Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West
· And I Darken by Kiersten White
· There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins
· The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
· Roar by Cora Cormack
· An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
· Last Things by Jacqueline West
· The Rose & The Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
- MEDDLING KIDS by Edgar Cantero. Still Reading. Read to 89%. This story is really fizzling out, and it’s making me sad. I just don’t feel as invested as I did when I first started that book. I don’t know if it’s me, or the book… (Goodreads)
- STRANGE THE DREAMER (Audiobook) read by Steve West. Still listening. Listened to 73%. At this rate, I’m making way more progress with my audiobooks than my physical ones! I may be more in love with this book that second time that I was my first time reading it, if that’s possible. (Goodreads)
During my sick day on the couch Friday, I discovered the show Scream Queens, and wow is this show dumb! 😂 But I got in too deep and just had to know who the killer was, so I kept on watching, even though Isaac asked me constantly if I liked killing off my brain cells. Hahaha. I also started Looking for Alaska, finally! I got two episodes in. Then Isaac and I finally finished season 6 of Brooklyn Nine Nine!