We’ve entered the roaring ’20s! Bring back the flappers and and exuberant culture! This may be the year I turn the big three-zero, but I won’t let that hold me back from making the most of this year! It’s a new year, a new decade, and I plan on making it count!
Oh hey, what do you think of my new blog design??? Thank you Peachberry for creating this beautiful web design from scratch! I am stoked to ring in the new year with a site lookin’ so fresh! It really revamps my urge to blog and write new content!
The last couple of week’s have been a whirlwind. I’ve done pretty well when it comes to reading regularly, but it’s not perfect. I save a lot of my reading time for the evening, but then I only get a couple of pages in before my eyes grow heavy and it’s lights out! Exercise has begun to play a huge role in my life as of late, and if you remember me talking about my Morning Meltdown exercises, I’m excited to announce that I’ve made it to #44 of the 100 workouts!
My friend from work and I are starting the Fit Girls Challenge tomorrow that goes for 28 days, and it’s all about clean eating, exercising, and an encouraging Instagram community! I feel so empowered by it, and I can’t wait for tomorrow. It’s one step closer to a brand new me! I’ve been participating in it for about a week, and I’m already down a couple pounds. Hopefully by the time March comes around, I’ll be under 200 lbs! 💪🏻
I haven’t thought too much of my goals for 2020, blogging-wise. I have made a commitment to read 50 books this year – this is WAY more than I have read in the past couple of years. (Having a baby kind of throws everything out of whack like that.) But I really want to read more? So I’m gonna try? 🤷🏻♀️
Some other things I really want to improve around here are:
- Content other than personal/blog digests 🙄
- Reviews at least 1x per week
- Participate in at least 3 Top Ten Tuesday posts per month
- Maybe finally start writing a book?????
- Engage in the community WAY more
- Read more of the books that are gathering dust on my shelves
Nothing! Can you believe that?! (Christmas kind of broke me… in more ways than one.) 😅
- MUSE OF NIGHTMARES (Audiobook) read by Steve West. Still listening. Listened to 27%. It’s a little more tricky listening to the audiobook of a story you haven’t read first, but I think it’s good that it’s a sequel and I know all of the characters and the story ahead of time. I really do love this story, and I wish I could live in Laini Taylor’s mind. 😍
- THE WICKED KING by Holly Black. Started. Read to 58%.I feel like…I’m still into the story? But not as intensely? Or maybe other things in life are just capturing my attention at the moment (exercise, toddlerism, work, etc.), but I will say that I’m nowhere near ready to give up on it. I hope to finish it by next weekend! (Goodreads)
I’ve attempted to introduce my son to the wonderful world of Disney, and for the most part, he sits and watches! *fist pump* I’ve gotten him to watch a good chunk of Toy Story, Mulan, Aladdin, and Finding Nemo!
My boyfriend and I have also finished our conquest of The Witcher. No more ogling Henry Cavill’s sexy butt chin until the next season is released… 😭 And who the heck knows when that’ll be?! We’ve also continued to watch V Wars, but not on the regular. I started season 2 of You, finally, and my mom and I started up a new show this weekend: Schitt’s Creek. It’s absolutely hilarious! I can’t wait to watch more episodes this week. (Maybe even as soon as I’m done with this post?)
- Mindful eating, packing my lunches, and drinking lots + lots of water!
- Try to get 10k steps in as many days as possible.
- Finish The Wicked King (and start Queen of Nothing?)
- Reach halfway point in Muse of Nightmares audiobook.