I had an amazing week! I might attribute it to the fact that I only worked 2½ days… 😂 A majority of my time this week was either spent at home (hello, weekend 👋🏻) or down at a log cabin with my boyfriend, my best friend, her boyfriend and her roommate! It was a much-needed break filled with relaxation, READING, and games with good friends! 🥰
If you never got around to wishing Jes Nevertheless a happy birthday this week, you better wish her a happy belated!!! She turned 30, and she asked me to come along to a cabin retreat for a couple days. It was very low-key, but I really enjoyed myself because we read books, played games, relaxed in the hot tub… 🤤 I didn’t want to leave.
Jes and I have known each other for over 10 years. 😳 It’s amazing to share that much history with someone, and even though we don’t get to see each other too often (damn adulting!), I still consider her one of my best friends because of that fact. It’s been 10 years and she still loves me and wants to hang out with me… Love you Jes! 😘
I wish we could’ve gotten more snow besides on the morning we were leaving, but it was still so nice. I definitely missed my son though! He stayed with my mom, and conveniently started getting sick the day before with a low-grade temperature and, ahem, irritable bowels. 😕 My mom just kept him home from school, but she said he was such a good boy. These past couple of days, he’s seemed extra tired – and also whiny, but maybe a reaction of the tiredness? Maybe teething? Who knows! 🤷🏻♀️ He’s been fever-free since I’ve got home though, so that’s good news!
This week was a terrible exercise week. Since I’ve gotten home, I haven’t made it to the gym nor done a home workout… I’m going to go to the gym tonight, probably after Rowan goes to sleep, and I’m going to make it two other times this week. Probably Tuesday and Thursday. My Fit Girls’ Challenge ends tonight, but I need to keep it up until the next challenge on February 17th.
Committing to a better me, one day at a time! 💪🏻
While I was on my mini-cabin retreat, I finished To Kill a Kingdom, and, in trying to master the art of reviewing books, I immediately skipped to my blog to write my thoughts on it after I turned the last page!
- MUSE OF NIGHTMARES (Audiobook) read by Steve West. Still listening. Listened to 87%. I didn’t get to listen to much of this during the week because I didn’t have as much commute as I normally do (side effects of locking myself away in a cabin 😈) but I should finish it this week. And then what shall I listen to?!? (Goodreads)
- TO KILL A KINGDOM by Alexandra Christo. Finished. ★★★★ This fulfilled practically all my piratey and oceanic dreams, and the enemies-to-lovers trope was played out pretty well.🥰 (Goodreads)
- RUTHLESS GODS by Emily A. Duncan. Started. Read to 19%. It was so nice to start this at the cabin and try to focus all my energy into remembering what the heck the first book was about. 😅 As I kept reading, things started to come back to me. I’m a fifth through it already, so maybe I really will meet all my TBR goals this month??? (Goodreads)
I’ve not just been busy with reading, but also watching some good movies and shows!
›› Shameless – The boyfriend and I are slowly working our way through this… but we could get through it faster if he’d stop falling asleep. 🤣
›› You – I’ve also watched a couple more episodes of this creepy yet addicting show.
›› Moana – watched with my son. Such a good movie.
›› The Incredibles – I hadn’t seen this in sooooo long. My son seemed to enjoy it. Well… up until he fell asleep on me, and I was left to watch it by myself, lol.
›› Finding Dory – Rowan is really loving this and Finding Nemo.
›› Toy Story 3 – I finally – FINALLY – took the time to watch this! Yes, I said finally, because I hadn’t seen it before. Everyone said it was so sad, so I just kept putting it off and putting it off. I definitely had tears in my eyes at the end. Now on to Toy Story 4?
- Drink 64 oz of water per day (didn’t do too hot with this last week!)
- Food prep!
- Today is the last day of my Fit Girls’ Challenge, but that doesn’t mean I get to stop my workouts! Hit the gym 3x this week!
- Make it to at least 50% of Ruthless Gods, and finish Muse of Nightmares audiobook.