Hey there, compadres! I’ve been a busy bee this Sunday (this week actually), and I’m pretty proud of myself
and there I go tootin’ my own horn again, but hey, someone’s gotta do it! The busyness, though, has failed to include my blog! But I’ve really been trying to stay on top of the house chores, my exercises with my Fit Girl program, and my fasting/eating schedule (and also trying to eat better!)
That’s a lot of things to keep track of on top of reading, blogging, trying to create more product for my Etsy page, and trying to write about this great story idea that’s been floating around in my head all week. 😬 I could really use Hermione’s time turner so that I had more time in a day… (because sleeping is also something I’ve got to fit in on a daily basis)
WORK / To start off the week, we had an in-service day, and received training and ample time to deep clean our rooms. Feeling pretty good about our organization, and I’m not freaking out as much about my co-teacher going on maternity leave soon.
PARENTING / As of yesterday, Rowan is now trying to say “Love you” back to us! 😭 It’s the cutest thing ever, and my heart melts every. single. time. I am a literal pile of goo over my child. We went to a birthday party yesterday that was Toy Story-themed, and the birthday boy got a toy Woody that Rowan was gaga over. He played with it for a good half hour until I made him give it back (which he did very willingly and I was super proud of him). So, since he was such a good boy about it, I went and bought him his own Woody… after I drank 4 margaritas at my favorite Mexican restaurant with my mom and mom-in-law, all the while going through all of Rowan’s baby pictures I had saved on my phone and crying because I want another baby now… 😂
I will probably have no luck convincing my boyfriend though.
HEALTH / This week was VERY productive as far as my physical health goes! I went to the gym 4x (that’s including today) and I am aiming to kick obesity’s ass! 🤣 My goal this week, though, is to up my step count average, and maybe workout s little longer at the gym. (47 min average → 1 hour?)
Isn’t it crazy how some books and their worlds create that ‘hangover’ effect? I made a list this week of some of the biggest ‘book hangovers’ I’ve experienced (and a lot of them occurred just last year)!
Scapegracers was a book that I came across on NetGalley (gah, I’ve got to stay off of there until I read the books I already have!) and it sounded so cool and the cover was so prettyyyyy. Also intrigued because the main character’s name is Sideways. 🤔 And she’s a witch and a lesbian and an ‘outsider’ – a wonderful trope combination, eh?
- RUTHLESS GODS by Emily A. Duncan. Still reading. Read to 59%. I’m still slowly meandering through this book. I’m really not sure about it anymore. But the majority of me wants to just finish it because I’m stubborn. (Goodreads)
- AN ENCHANTMENT OF RAVENS (Audiobook) read by Julia Whelan. Still listening. Listened to 42%. This one is pretty good. I now see why everyone says it wasn’t as good as Sorcery of Thorns, but it’s still a good read. (Goodreads)
›› Shameless – I would’ve liked to watch more of this than we did, but y’know. There’s not enough time in the day to do everything! And this is basically the only thing we’ve attempted to watch, besides the several Disney movies that have been on in the background approximately 392 times this week.
- Go to gym 4x this week again!
- Make it to 75% through Ruthless Gods and maybe finish An Enchantment of Ravens?
- Keep meal prepping and making good choices. (I’ve also been tracking my calorie intake, so keep up with that!)
- Keep working on my new Etsy store project.
- I have a writing project in my head – 100 words per day minimum!
how does one have multiple hobbies? and how do you shuffle through them on a weekly basis? does anyone have a time turner i can use? but back to you – how was your week? what have you read lately?