Would you look at that… March is here! Spring and I have a fickle history. On one hand, I love and cherish all things springy and love how the fresh, cool air leaves all the melancholy of winter behind. On another… my nose and eyes and head HATE IT, because everything is stuffy and itchy and seasonal allergies just leave me with unadulterated loathing, and steal my capabilities of proper breathing. 🤧
Okay, it’s a little dramatic, I’ll admit, but it’s also pure truth. I wouldn’t make this stuff up.
Let’s say a little prayer that it just… skips over all that rubbish this year, okay? Because I DO love spring, I do! I just don’t need all the misery of the sinuses that comes with it!
WORK / Work was work, and it was fine. Really nothing to touch base with on this!
PARENTING / This was also fine and nothing really to put any emphasis on. (Wow, was this week boring, or what?)
DATE NIGHT / Besides the usual occasions of being driven slightly insane by my significant other, we had a date night yesterday! I planned it all. At first I was questioning my date-planning abilities, because basically we just went to our local mall, but we had a delicious feast of Chinese mall-food, and then we shopped at one of our fave stores (Hot Topic, and we each got a shirt – him, another Deadpool shirt 🙄 and me, a tank with the Game of Thrones map on it). Then the main attraction was the new entertainment center called Scene75. I’d heard so many talk about it recently and I wanted us to go check it out for ourselves. Ultimately, we just played 18-hole mini-golf and walked off our dinner… but then rendered our steps useless as we ended our night with froyo! 😋 We ended it with finally finishing this episode of Shameless that he fell asleep on several nights ago, and then watching another one!
HEALTH / Another successful week! (This one was more successful-er, even!) Wanna hear some non-scale victories?
- I’ve upped my average steps walked in a day.
- I also packed my lunch every. single. day!
- I’ve stayed under my daily caloric intake every day.
- I’ve met my 80 oz of water goal almost every single day this week.
- With Tuesday’s workout, I almost talked myself out of doing the “bonus exercises” but then… I just did them. (It took an internal pep talk to do those burpees.)
- A pair of jeans that used to be unbearably tight felt a lot better to wear!
Burpees really do suck. But I’m so proud of myself for doing them.
And it’s a very small victory, but last week my average number of minutes for working out was 47 minutes, and this week it was 48! 😅
I really enjoyed Serpent & Dove and I’m looking forward to it’s sequel later this year. Come see my thoughts on this fantastic debut about a witch and witch hunter forced to wed!
There are plenty of fictional characters I’d die to follow IRL, and here’s a select few! Come see if we share any on my fictional social media wish list.
It’s been a few months since I’ve read this one, but the publication date is nearing (next Tuesday!) and I wanted to let you all know what a cute but angsty LGBT book this was and how much I enjoyed it, despite the barely-there details I supplied you with. (I promise I will get better at reviewing as soon as I finish books!)
I think someone needs to ban me from NetGalley temporarily.
I think I thought I wouldn’t get approved for these, so I just went click happy on the “Request” button? Joke’s on me, yeah? Well, I just have to get reading! I received Happy & You Know It and Where Dreams Descend from the holy grail that is NetGalley, and I cannot wait to read both of these! I may just skip everything else I’d planned on reading for the month and dive straight into these books! (Okay, probably irresponsible of me because there are books that are begging my attention before I get to these…)
- RUTHLESS GODS by Emily A. Duncan. Still reading. Read to 71%. Yep, still being stubborn about getting through this book, but I’m not thrilled about it, unfortunately. (Goodreads)
- AN ENCHANTMENT OF RAVENS (Audiobook) read by Julia Whelan. Still listening. Listened to 88%. I’m slowly losing interest in this one the further I listen. I’m just finding it hard to focus and I get extremely lost. ☹️ I’m very close to finishing it, though. (Goodreads)
›› Shameless – Isaac and I watched a couple episodes this week.
›› The Stranger – Prompted by my co-worker to watch this British mystery show, I quickly found myself hooked and I finished all eight episodes in the span of two days! Pretty sad to see it end, as I’m pretty sure it’s a one-season-and-done type of show.
- Gym 4x this week!
- Try really, really hard to finish Ruthless Gods, and maybe even start a new book
because I am 4 books behind on my Goodreads reading goal
- Keep packing lunches, tracking calories, and sticking to my fasting schedule.
- write a review for Meddling Kids this week.