Wow… what a week, am I right? We’re all living in the same pre-apocalypse story where everyone is panic-buying supplies and everything is closing down and we’re cautioned against social interaction. I was MADE FOR THIS. (Except I didn’t have a stock pile of toilet paper, and am actually close to running out, so now I’m screwed. 🙃)
I can’t believe the life we’re living in right now.
CORONAVIRUS / So, life is a little hectic right now. Last weekend, the threat barely crossed my mind, and now it’s all I can think about. My heart is going out to the people of China and Italy, and everywhere else that is causing mass chaos, and I’m afraid the U.S. won’t be too far behind where they are now. Schools in my state are closing for 3 weeks starting Monday, and preschools (where I work) are staying open for now, but who knows how long? The governor is advising parents to find alternate forms of care in case the closing of preschools and daycares must be mandated. 😳 Let me be clear… the virus isn’t what I’m scared of. I understand it’s dangerous for my loved ones are older or have compromised immune systems, and I am definitely scared for them… but the mass hysteria that we’re finding ourselves in is even scarier. People panic-buying TP and Ramen noodles? I’m worried about people going overboard and taking more than necessary so that others are left without. I mean, if I run out of toilet paper, I’ve got wash rags and a washer/dryer, so I’ve got my back-up plan. But food? Formula for babies? People need to calm down.
GYM / I did make it to the gym twice this week… but them the coronavirus got a bit more serious, so… in order to reduce all risk, my last day there was Wednesday. I’m thinking about getting my own treadmill or elliptical for the garage… 🤔
I didn’t post much this weekend, because I’ve been busy. I wanted to post more, but… 🤷🏻♀️ Things have been a bit… pre-occupying. So here’s last week’s recap!
On Monday, I had the day off and went to my lady doctor and the dentist for some check-ups (no cavities, woo!), and afterward, I met up with my mom near her place of work, where they had a Half Price Books! 📚 Myyyyyyy favorite! I had about 8 books in my arms when my boyfriend randomly called me. I spilled the beans as to where I was, and he said if I brought home more than 4 books, I’d be in trouble… 🤣😂
- eARC: THE MALL by Megan McCafferty. Finished. ★★★★★ What a great book! I loved the 90s vibe, the rekindled friendship, the Cabbage Patch kid treasure hunt, and how Cassie reinvented herself, with Drea and the Bellarosa Boutique’s help. Highly recommend when it comes out this summer! (Goodreads)
- TO BE HONEST (Audiobook) read by Eileen Stevens. Started. Listened to 45%. Enjoying this audio version (I really like the reader’s voice) and becoming slowly enamored with George and Savannah’s relationship. 🥰 (Goodreads)
- eARC: THE SCAPEGRACERS by Hannah Abigail Clarke. Started. Read to 6%. I haven’t read much of this, and I think it’s because I wasn’t *sucked* in. That, and a lot of coronavirus distraction. 😑 Hopefully I’ll have a better take on this story by the end of this week. (Goodreads)
›› Shameless – I wish I could watch this faster. Ugh. But alas, I have to watch it with my boyfriend. And he’s more interested in gaming that watching tv with me most nights. 😒
›› Schitt’s Creek – Slowly watching more of these laugh-out-loud episodes. I watched a couple when I was at the gym earlier this week.
›› Sesame Street – Ohhh yeah. I introduced Rowan to Sesame Street after I discovered it was on Hulu. He is OBSESSED, and I’m happy because it is super educational. I’m so happy it captures his attention.
›› Dollface – I discovered this new show on Hulu, and it stars Kat Dennings! I looove Kat Dennings. This show is about a girl with an overactive imagination trying to get back in her friend’s good graces after her boyfrined of five years dumps her out of the blue. Jules (Dennings) is super relatable. I also love Izzy.
- I’m not too sure what to expect this coming weekend as far as work and gym goes – it’s up in the air!
- I want to read The Scapegracers as much as possible! I’m 3 books behind on my Goodreads goal, and I need to improve it. 😬
- Maybe I’ll finish my To Be Honest audiobook.
how is everyone holding up with our current pandemic situation? i hope everyone stays safe and healthy! and remember: wash! your! hands!