It’s time for my sign-up post for the #StartOnYourShelfathon! CW at The Quite Pond is hosting a year-long challenge that pushes you to read more books from your shelves, and this is exactly what I need, tbqh.
#StartOnYourShelfathon is a 2020 star-themed readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of this is to read as many unread books on your bookshelf as you can between December 13th, 2019 and December 31st, 2020.
The mascot of #StartOnYourShelfathon is Castor the Star Collector who is also a sloth friend of The Quiet Pond, who has lost all the stars he has collected over the years and needs your help to find them again.
For every book that you read as part of #StartOnYourShelfathon, you collect a star that you can add the star to your ‘star map’. Read books, collect stars, give yourself an amateur star-collector name, and create constellations!
the ‘deets’ on joining
- Join the StartOnYourShelfathon anytime between Dec 13th 2019 to Dec 31st 2020!
- To join #StartOnYourShelfathon, create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#StartOnYourShelfathon’ in the title or your tweet.
- In your post/video/thread, announce that you will be participating in the readathon. List your readathon goals and the books you plan to read!
- Link back to the sign up post so that others can find the readathon and join in.
Share your updates on your blog/bookstagram/booktube and social media. You are more than welcome to tag @thequietpond on Twitter in all your updates!
- Read 2 books a month during 2020 that I have on my bookshelf.
- Read 1 book from my e-library per month during 2020.
This doesn’t even hold a candle to all of my unread books… 😂 But I think a goal of 30 books from my shelves is a good place to start. Eventually, one day (in the very far future), all the books I own with be read! 🤪
Are you joining the #startonyourshelfathon? what’s on your tbr and what are your goals?
If you want to join, you can read more information in the readathon information post at The Quiet Pond.