Hello, lovelies! It’s Tuesday, so ready yourselves for a list of epic wintry proportions! It’s my (very speculative, very conjectural) winter TBR! *cheers*
I’m terrible with TBRs, but that does not keep me from making them! Lists and organization is my jam, but it’s the follow-through that I need work on. For one, I’m a BIIIIIG mood reader, and that throws everything into chaos when I try to make a plan on what I’m going to read in the next week, or even the next month!
It’s not for lack of trying!
Without further ado, here is my tentative winter TBR, in which I will try my VERY hardest to stick to! (We’ll see how that goes…)
My Winter TBR
- A COURT OF FROST AND STARLIGHT by Sarah J. Maas • Prepare thyself for an onslaught of Maas books that I haven’t finished yet! And ACoFaS is the first one I want to delve into. I’ve seen people have mixed feelings on this book? So not sure what to expect? We’ll see? GUYS, I’m definitely going to get this one read, maaaaybe before 2019 is here. Wish me luck. Send coffee.
- TOWER OF DAWN by Sarah J. Maas • Maas book #2! Since I can’t go NOWHERE without seeing that someone has reviewed/loved/hated Kingdom of Ash, this needs to be read immediately! I don’t know why I’ve been putting this off for so long? One of my best friends was even so kind as to gift this to me, and I feel rotten for not even opening it up yet! Maybe some part of me just does not want this story to end, and so I am draaaaagginggggg my feet horribly.
- KINGDOM OF ASH by Sarah J. Maas • Oh god, this book is almost a thousand pages? Well, I should just stop my TBR here then. 😳 Do you know how long it will take me to finish a book this massive???
- MUSE OF NIGHTMARES by Laini Taylor • YES. LAZLO! SARAI! MY BABIES. I loved Strange the Dreamer so freaking much, and I try to make everyone read it. The end of the book made me want to scream because it was over. I was almost in tears. Laini Taylor is a total auto-buy author for me. She gave me amazing series like this one, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I just love her writing and world-building and cast of superb characters!
- A CONJURING OF LIGHT by V.E. Schwab • So, confession: I started this book sometime at the beginning of 2018. I loved the other two books in the series, and even liked this one, but… at the beginning of this year, I was pregnant, and had so much more on my mind than reading. What a CRIME, amirite? No matter what I did, I couldn’t get into the book too much. Baby stuff filled my every thought. So a goal of mine is to either a) start this books over, or b) try to pick up where I left off, which was somewhere in the middle-ish, maybe? Heh. I can’t even remember what was happening in the book when I stopped, tbh.
- A CURSE SO DARK AND LONELY by Brigid Kemmerer • I know I should be burnt out on Beauty and the Beast retellings by now, but GUYS. This book needs to be in my hands as soon as it’s published (preferably sooner though). Just go check out that Goodreads blurb. Do it. (I’ve pre-ordered my copy already — have you???)
- THE QUEEN’S RISING by Rebecca Ross • I’ve had my eye on this book ever since it was published earlier this year, but I just recently bought myself a copy on Cyber Monday! Woo! I hope it doesn’t let me down. I’ve seen reviews all over the spectrum, so we’ll see.
- TO KILL A KINGDOM by Alexandra Christo • I recently saw a review of this book that made me nervous to open it up because they said it was terrible. But. *whimpers* I still wanna read it. That’s why it’s not at the top of my list. I recently bought this on Cyber Monday as well. The cover is so pretty and gives me Ursula vibes! Please don’t be a bad book. 🥺
- LEGENDARY by Stephanie Garber • I read Caraval last year and was impressed, and basically I just need to read the next book because I NEED to know what happens.
- AMBER & DUSK by Lyra Selene • I received this novel in this month’s OwlCrate (unboxing to come soon hopefully). I’d not heard about it, and the blurb is intriguing, if not a bit complicated. At this point, it’ll be the tail-end of winter by the time I even get to this, so I just added it because I needed a tenth book on my list. 🤷🏻♀️
Wow, guys. That’s a lot of books to read. Do you know how many pages total this is? Let me enlighten you: 5,162 pages! I’m intimidated.
Do you make (and keep) TBR lists? What is your secret to achieving them??? Or do you struggle like I do, because I’m a fickle mood reader? Have you read any of my choices for this week’s TTT? What’s on your list?
I’m linking up my post to Top Ten Tuesday!